Trouble getting started with VisualGDB on the OUYA

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Trouble getting started with VisualGDB on the OUYA

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I am currently trying to start developing on the OUYA using VisualGDB for debugging and developing native code. When I attempt to run the “tutorial” on Sysprog’s website. I run into an odd error when creating the new project. After going through the entire wizard for creating the new project, I am presented with an error prompt that reads “Toolchain test failed: cannot query the value of TARGET_CXX. Please double-check your settings. If you ignore this error, your project may not build.”. I am assuming that TARGET_CXX must be some sort of environment value VisualGDB is expecting, but I’m not sure where or how this value needs set. I am running Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Professional edition on Windows 7 x64 Professional, and VisualGDB 4.0.0.4.

Thank you for your time.

ket
    Participant

Hi,

TARGET_CXX is a variable value VisualGDB tries to get from gcc to test whether a trivial program will build, it is not something that you should set. All the toolchain test failure means is that the project may not build because there are some issues such as missing settings. Please try to ignore the toolchain test error and create the project anyway. When you build the actual project the build output provided should be more helpful in showing the actual issue.

A common cause for this error is if you are importing a project that needs the NDK_MODULE_PATH variable defined. There is no place to specify it in the wizard, but it can be defined once the project is made as an additional argument to ndk-build on the Build settings page in VisualGDB Project Properties.

Anonymous
    Participant

That did the trick. i ended up defining NDK_MODULE_PATH in Android.mk. I still need to do a bit of reading to know exactly what the paths Android.mk mean (for example what directory “$(call my-dir)” refers to relative to VS’s directory structure. Setting the NDK module path to an absolute path got things running. Thank you for the help.

Fahid
    Participant

@ket i’m using visualGDB for developing android using cocos2d-x and i’m getting same error. How can i set NDK_MODULE_PATH in android.mk file?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can specify NDK_MODULE_PATH via Make arguments in VisualGDB Project Properties (Build Settings page).

russov
    Participant

You can specify NDK_MODULE_PATH via Make arguments in VisualGDB Project Properties (Build Settings page).

Hello, Bazis.
    Could you provide me more descriptions, with print screen if possible? Because i am new user for VisualGDB and android development.
    Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try following the Cocos2d-x VisualGDB tutorial here: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/android/cocos2dx/simplegame/. It contains all necessary steps. If it does not work for you, please let us know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.