Toolchain Test Failed

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Toolchain Test Failed

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jtohle
    Participant

Hi,

I have setup a new RPi Cross compilation Project, however, when applying the settings I am getting this error message:

Tool arguments:
    sh: /tmp/VisualGDB_ToolchainTestProgram_Deployed: No such file or directory

So, I clicked ignore.

Then when I compile my code and try to run it, i get that the gdbserver could not run, with this log:

Process /tmp/RPiProj1 created; pid = 25389

Cannot exec /tmp/RPiProj1: No such file or directory.

Child exited with status 127

No program to debug. GDBserver exiting.

Any Ideas what the problem is,

Thx,

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like VisualGDB cannot upload to the /tmp folder on your Raspberry Pi. Please double-check that the folder is writable from your user account and that you have enough free space on your Raspberry Pi.

jtohle
    Participant

@bazis,

It does not explain why it works when the project is set to “build the project under linux over network”, and then when it is set to “Build the project  locally with a cross compiler” it does not work.

Both options use the /tmp folder, and it works on the first option, as i see my code in /tmp, and can execute it.

Any other suggestions/ideas.

support
    Keymaster

This is true. Can you inspect the contents of View->Output->VisualGDB Launcher Output after an unsuccessful debugging session? It should normally show something like this:

VisualGDB: Executing predebug actions
    VisualGDB: Deploying e:\PROJECTS\TEMP\test\test/Debug/test to /tmp/vgtest/test on raspberrypi...
    VisualGDB: Launching gdbserver
    VisualGDB: Run "gdbserver :2000 "$(DeployPath)" " in directory "$(DeployDir)" on pi@raspberrypi (SSH)
    VisualGDB: Launching custom program console
    VisualGDB: Launching gdb
    VisualGDB: Executing postdebug actions

Then check that:

1) The file on the Windows machine exists and is readable under your account

2) The remote file does not exist, the remote directory does and the device has enough free space

If none of that provides clues, can you reproduce it with a “Hello, World” project? If yes, can you create an image of your SD card and send it to us so that we could reproduce it on our side?

jtohle
    Participant

I have managed to solve the issue by uninstalling GCC & GDB from remote the RPi, and then installed the latest version of GCC & GDB, after that I re-synchronized the sysroot folder.

Now all is working.

Thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.