tool refuses to accept the project changes

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB tool refuses to accept the project changes

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    b.timofte
    Participant

When i click properties for a project i deselect

“Use -Wl, start group and Wl-end group in the linker command”

After i click ok and press again project properties i see the option is selected again

Is this a bug ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like a bug, however we could not reproduce it locally. Could you please clarify which project type (Windows/Linux/Embedded) you are using? What happens if you click “Apply” instead of “OK”?

b.timofte
    Participant

I use Windows .exe project

Apply \Ok doesnt change anything. The only think that worked is to remove the stuff from .mak file

support
    Keymaster

Thanks, there was indeed a bug with this setting for MinGW projects. We have fixed this in our development branch and will include a fix in the upcoming Preview 2.

b.timofte
    Participant

Dont take it the wrong way but is a bad sign in a tool when you select something and it doesnt happen.

I tested a tool who was refusing to close the window options if an option was selected. That tool was very poorly tested and was scrapped.

I hope you guys know what are you doing and have some tests.

I have major problems with project wich has total nr of filenames(.c) longer than windows command length (8k  chars on win7) I can imagine no one bothered to test it properly this situation and only a proj with a toy helloworld.cpp was tested and then you called it a day.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by b.timofte.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are sorry that things don’t always work the way they are intended. We do have an extensive set of tests covering all major scenarios, but they do skip some rare cases like this one.

We do fix the reported issues very quickly though. This is already fixed in the daily build and will get into the next Preview of v5.2.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.