TM4C1294XL LaunchPad OpenOCD Code 1 Error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB TM4C1294XL LaunchPad OpenOCD Code 1 Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rogersstuart
    Participant

I just installed VisualGDB and I’m following the tutorial for the EK-TM4C123GXL LaunchPad. Everything works fine when I use a EK-TM4C123GXL and that’s great but my project needs to have Ethernet so I’m trying to follow the same steps to get the EK-TM4C1294XL LaunchPad working. I’ve selected the correct part in the device selection page but when I get to the debug method page I’m unable to proceed any further because no matter what settings I try OpenOCD fails to initialize debugging. I was concerned that there might be something wrong with my dev board so I downloaded the Energia IDE and that worked fine. I was able to successfully flash a program to the board using that software.

This is the output from the “Testing Settings” window of VisualGDB.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0 (2016-10-14) [https://github.com/sysprogs/openocd]
    Licensed under GNU GPL v2
    For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
    adapter speed: 3 kHz
    hla_jtag
    Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
    adapter speed: 500 kHz
    Info : clock speed 10023640 kHz
    Error: open failed
    in procedure ‘init’
    in procedure ‘ocd_bouncer’

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to go from here?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a driver problem. Please try pressing the ‘Test OpenOCD Settings’ button so that VisualGDB can check for known driver issues.

rogersstuart
    Participant

I tried pressing the “Test OpenOCD settings” button again and it produced the same result. The error dialog says “OpenOCD exited with code 1. Please check your settings.”. Earlier when I was trying to troubleshoot the problem I downloaded the Stellaris ICDI drivers and installed them but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I’ve also tried using the USB Driver Tool to change the driver type but I get the same result when I change the device labeled “Stellaris ICDI JTAG/SWD Interface” to either “Stellaris ICDI JTAG/SWD Interface” or “WinUSB”. For this retest I had the driver type set to “Stellaris ICDI JTAG/SWD Interface”.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that. Could you try switching OpenOCD to manual mode, disabling the interface/target scripts and specifying the board/ek-tm4c1294xl.cfg board script?

If this does not help, please try it on a different computer. Perhaps some other software or driver is interfering with OpenOCD.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.