There was a problem opening 'CMakeLists.txt'

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB There was a problem opening 'CMakeLists.txt'

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    milamber
    Participant

I had installed the beta version VisualGDB-5.6.1.4114.  Then when I tried to install the version VisualGDB-5.6.1.4134 i got an error “The specified account already exists” from the installer. After running the Microsoft troubleshooter (Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed (microsoft.com) I was able to install visualgdb. Nevertheless when i tried to open a project in visual studio I get “There was a problem opening ‘CMakeLists.txt’. Please load the ‘xxxxx (incompatible)’ project and try again” error code 0x0000139f. it doesn’t seem that visualbdb is installed  in vs2019. No visualgdb  menus appear in vs2019. I uninstalled the beta version and installed the stable version but  the problem remains. rebooted the computer, visualgdb appears in the list of ‘add and remove programs’ but no menus appear in vs2019 and vs cant open a project

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. Please follow the instructions on the following page to fix this: https://visualgdb.com/support/loadfail/

milamber
    Participant

<p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Apparently the  microsoft troubleshooter has  deleted the key :’16.0′  value ; ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise’  under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\SxS\VS7\<version></p>

<p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>I have added  the key and reinstalled VGDB but nothing happened. Then I repaired the VS  installation and now vgdb menus are showing up, but when I am trying to open my solution I get the clang popup but by project is not loaded with the following message:</p>
    System.Exception: No find_bsp statements in C:\xxxxx\.\CMakeLists.txt
    at td3.n(b41 c, CMakeTargetReference& d, String a, Boolean b)
    at td3.c1(CMakeTargetReference b, CMakeTargetReference a, CMakeTargetReference c)
    at td3.p(String b, String a)
    at ui1..ctor(cy1 c, EmbeddedProjectSubsystemSettings a, rx1 b)
    at in2.b_4(cy1 b, rx1 a)
    at zz..ctor(VisualGDBProjectSettings2 d, s01 f, bd1 b, e e, rx1 c, IDELevelProjectInfoForBuilding a)
    at wh1.z(IDELevelProjectInfoForBuilding a)
    at wh1.k5(qm1 a)
    at wh1.e3(p5 a, Int32 b)

<p style=”margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”></p>

milamber
    Participant

here  is the cmakelists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.15)
    project(test_mx LANGUAGES C CXX ASM)
    find_bsp(ID com.sysprogs.project_importers.stm32.cubemx
    SOURCE_PROJECT test_mx.ioc)
    bsp_linker_flags()
    bsp_include_directories(.)
    add_bsp_based_executable(NAME test_mx
    GENERATE_BIN
    GENERATE_MAP
    SOURCES
    ${BSP_ROOT}/i2c_comm.c
    ${BSP_ROOT}/i2c_comm.h
    ${BSP_ROOT}/prog_serial.c
    ${BSP_ROOT}/prog_serial.h
    ${BSP_ROOT}/x_serial.c
    ${BSP_ROOT}/x_serial.h
    ${BSP_ROOT}/Readme.md
    ${BSP_ROOT}/../.gitignore
    ${BSP_ROOT}/i2c_timing_utility.c
    ${BSP_ROOT}/i2c_timing_utility.h
    ${BSP_ROOT}/heap_useNewlib_ST.c
    target_link_libraries(test_mx PRIVATE -Wl,--print-memory-usage)
    set_source_files_properties(${BSP_ROOT}/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/MemMang/heap_4.c ${BSP_ROOT}/sysmem.c ${BSP_ROOT}/syscalls.c PROPERTIES HEADER_FILE_ONLY TRUE)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like the .vgdbcmake and CMakeLists.txt files got out-of-sync. Please try creating a new project for the same device from scratch and check if it works. If it does, please try comparing the .vgdbcmake and CMakeLists.txt files between the 2 projects and adjusting the broken project until it matches the one that loads successfully.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.