the question about toolchain set up?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB the question about toolchain set up?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    march_seven
    Participant

Hi all

i  am first time using visual GDB to build the project.

i  have two questions about toolchain setting.

1.  could i download the toolchain in other partion  not only in “C:”  ?

2. as ESP32 project , i have download the toolchain in its web,  does i need to redownload the toolchain by visual GDB again?

if not , how could i set it ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the toolchain can be installed in any location (although the path should not contain spaces).

You don’t need to re-download the toolchain. Once it is installed by running the .exe file, VisualGDB will automatically find it (you will need to restart Visual Studio if you installed the toolchain while it was running).

march_seven
    Participant

it is installed by running the .exe file ???

no,  the esp32 toolchain is a rar packet, it is work when after d<span style=”font: 200 13px/19px Arial, ‘Microsoft YaHei’, 微软雅黑, 宋体, ‘Malgun Gothic’, Meiryo, sans-serif; text-align: left; color: #2e3033; text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; float: none; display: inline !important; white-space: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; background-color: #f9fbfc; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;”>ecompress…. there is not any step about installed by running exe.file…</span>

and i also curious about how does visual GDB knows the toolchain is here or not

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Not sure what toolchain you are downloading, but our ESP32 toolchain compatible with VisualGDB can be downloaded here: http://gnutoolchains.com/esp32/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.