Tabout editing capability

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Tabout editing capability

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gboy
    Participant

The Visual Studio editor, in a regular C/C++ project, has a convenient keyboard capability where, for example, you type printf(” the editor auto-completes by adding the matching “) (i.e. close-quote and close-parentheses).  However, then it provides the additional functionality where, if, after typing in your entry between the quote-symbols, you hit ‘Tab’, it jumps just between the close-quote and the close-parentheses, to allow you to enter any variables needed.  And then allows you to hit ‘Tab’ again to jump just outside the close-parentheses so you can, normally, a semi-colon to end the line.  I believe this is refererred to as the ‘TabOut’ functionality.

I’m noticing that when I am working in a VisualGDB project in Visual Studio, this TabOut capability is not enabled by default. Is there a setting I can specify to enable TabOut?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by gboy.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB handles the bracket and quote pairing independently from Visual Studio, and did not implement the tabout behavior (typing ‘)’ or ‘”‘ would successfully skip over a matching auto-inserted bracket though).

That said, it looks like a useful feature, so we have added it to this build: VisualGDB-6.0.4.5081.msi

You can enable it via Tools->Options->Text Editor->C/C++(VisualGDB)->Advanced->Typing Assist->Tab out of brackets (enabled by default).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.