Symbolic Links with VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Symbolic Links with VisualGDB

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kennethone
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I was able to utilize the Yocto linux build toolchain in Visual GDB, but the process included a lot of manual steps in renaming the shared libraries,

For this, I had to copy the while SDK, toolchain, headers and libraries, installed by Yocto, I had to rename a lot of libraries with symbolic links (replacing the symbolic link with the actual copy of the library), then I used the Raspberry Pi toolchain to build the application and launch the debugger.

This worked without a problem.

My only concern is having to rename libraries every time I get an updated toolchain, which is reinstalled every time you bitbake Yocto.

I know Windows doesn’t recognize symbolic links, but is there a way for VisualGDB to be able to recognize symbolically linked libraries??

Thanks,

-D

support
    Keymaster

If you are using an NTFS partition, VisualGDB should translate Linux symbolic links into NTFS symbolic links. Can you pinpoint one specific link that gets broken and share details on it (what is the link target and what do you get on the Windows side after synchronizing)?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.