Suggestion

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Suggestion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sherlock
    Participant

It would be very helpful to have a new context menu feature “Clone Project” when I right click a VisualGDB project within a solution.

This would:

• Get the desired name for the new project.
    • Get the desired folder location for the new project.
    • Identify all project related files that refer to the project name.
    • Create copies of all files in the project, renaming those whose name contains the project name.
    • Create modified copies of all files that refer to the project (e.g. the .vcxproj file contains the names of various .vgdbsettings XML entries that begin with project name).
    • Ask if the project should be added to the existing solution.

The motivation for this is that I spent a couple of days getting a working example of some DAC/DMA code working. Now that it’s working I want to simply “freeze” this as an example and create a clone that I can use to create a derived version, that too might eventually serve as a basis for another copy.

I did this manually yesterday and It was tedious and took several attempts before I got it all done.

Please let me know if this sounds plausible as a possible new feature?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

This sounds very similar to what is already supported with the VisualGDB project templates.
    We actually have a huge collection of tutorials showing various VisualGDB features here: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/

You can find the one showing the project templates by searching for “templates” on the tutorial list page.

Please also feel free to look through other tutorials for ideas on further improving your productivity with VisualGDB.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.