Stuck "Loading Project Structure"

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Stuck "Loading Project Structure"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AndyFraser
    Participant

I have installed the latest version of VisualGDB (5.5r4) and created a QT5 project targeting a Raspberry Pi.

I allow VisualGDB to install all required components then it returns to Visual Studio but in Solution Explorer, it is stuck saying “Loading project structure…”

What do I do about this – why is it happening ?

Andy

AndyFraser
    Participant

Not sure if this is related but if I close down Visual Studio 2019 and re-open it and load the VisualGDB solution, it asks me to automatically download CMake 3.10+ with SysProgs extensions.

If I say yes to this, it then downloads CMake and warns me that the default installation path contains spaces. I choose a simple directory without spaces and it seems to install fine.

However, if I go to tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->Full Path to cmake.exe, it is the long path with spaces (the default I guess) meaning VisualGDB did not update this when I specified a path.

However, if I change that to the path to where I chose CMake to be installed, and try and re-load the VisualGDB solution, it again asks me to download CMake 3.10+.

Can anyone help with this ?

Andy

AndyFraser
    Participant

More information:

When prompted to change the install path for CMake to one without spaces, if I say “No” to this, the solution loads immediately and I am able to build the project !

Andy

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. The warning about spaces in path is meant for a different package type. CMake can be safely installed into paths with spaces.

We have updated VisualGDB internally to not show it when installing CMake and will include this fix in the next VisualGDB update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.