STM32Sleep.h library won't load

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32Sleep.h library won't load

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    IanJ
    Participant

Hi all,

I am converting an Atmega1284 project (Arduino) to STM32 and have it all working except a library I just added and am trying to make use of. It compiles perfcetly using the Arduino IDE, but not with VisualGDB in VS. All my other libraries load fine.

#include <STM32Sleep.h>

The error generated is:-
    Error libmaple/gpio.h: No such file or directory VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32 C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\stm32sleep-master\STM32Sleep.h 1
    I.E. in STM32Sleep.h is the line #include <libmaple/gpio.h>

The libmaple/gpio.h files sit in another folder:-
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\system\libmaple\include

I have tried adding this path, and others, to Arduino Settings but no joy.

Like I said it compiles fine under the Arduino IDE. I am also a bit concerned VisualGDB won’t be using the 32-bit libraries in the same way the Arduino IDE reports at compile time it has chosen STM32 equiv libraries.

Any ideas?

Ian.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely, the Arduino IDE and VisualGDB are using different library directories, preventing VisualGDB from locating them. We can help you resolve this, however we would need additional information from you.

1. Please capture the exact arduino-builder command line used by VisualGDB (it is shown in the build log after you build the project).
    2. Please try using Process Monitor to capture the command line used by Arduino IDE to build the sketch. (note that the IDE will launch arduino-builder.exe several times with shorter command lines before the actual build).

Once you capture both command lines, please share them here along with a screenshot of the VisualGDB’s Arduino Settings and the list of additional library directories defined in the project settings (if any) and we will help you replicate the build results from Arduino IDE with VisualGDB.

IanJ
    Participant

Hi,

The Process Monitor will take me a bit of time to set up………meanwhile:-

Arduino settings screenshot attached.

Arduino IDE successful compile of exact same code built log text file attached…..not sure if any help to you.
    The only other one that caused a problem is U8gslib.h which I had to add a path to in Arduino Settings as you’ll see.
    Here’s the libs loaded at the top of my primarty .ino file for info:-
    #include <U8g2lib.h>
    #include <TimedAction.h>
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <EEPROM.h>
    #include <math.h> // not sure if need this on STM32
    #include <STM32Sleep.h> // won’t work with VisualGDB for some reason

VisualGDB Build log:

Launching Arduino builder...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino\arduino-builder.exe -prefs=com.sysprogs.extraflags="-ggdb" -compile -logger=machine -fqbn=STM32:stm32:GenF1:pnum=BLUEPILL_F103C8B,upload_method=swdMethod,xserial=generic,usb=none,xusb=FS,opt=osstd,rtlib=nano -build-path D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32\Output\Generic_STM32F1_series\Debug -unoptimize=sketch -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/hardware" -hardware "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\hardware" -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/portable/packages/STM32/hardware" -hardware C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/tools-builder" -tools "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\tools" -tools C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries" -libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries" -libraries "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/libraries/u8g2/" -libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\STM32duino-bootloader-master\Arduino_STM32-Drivers" -prefs=runtime.tools.STM32Tools.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\STM32Tools\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\8.2.1-1.7 sketches/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino sketches/DAC.ino sketches/Delay.ino sketches/EEprom.ino sketches/Interrupts.ino sketches/IO.ino sketches/keypad.ino sketches/keypadcalmode.ino sketches/keypadsettingsmode.ino sketches/Lcd.ino sketches/Newmap.ino sketches/SerialInterface.ino sketches/TimedActions.ino
    A subdirectory or file D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32\Output\Generic_STM32F1_series\Debug\sketch already exists.
    In file included from D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32\sketches\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino:28:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\stm32sleep-master/STM32Sleep.h:1:10: fatal error: libmaple/gpio.h: No such file or directory
    #include <libmaple/gpio.h>
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    warn: Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
    warn: Used: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\hardware\stm32\1.6.1\libraries\SPI
    warn: Not used: C:\Program+Files+(x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\SPI
    warn: Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
    warn: Used: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\hardware\stm32\1.6.1\libraries\EEPROM
    warn: Not used: C:\Program+Files+(x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\EEPROM
    compilation terminated.
    exit status 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Command exited with code 1
    Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino\arduino-builder.exe
    Arguments: -prefs=com.sysprogs.extraflags="-ggdb" -compile -logger=machine -fqbn=STM32:stm32:GenF1:pnum=BLUEPILL_F103C8B,upload_method=swdMethod,xserial=generic,usb=none,xusb=FS,opt=osstd,rtlib=nano -build-path D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32\Output\Generic_STM32F1_series\Debug -unoptimize=sketch -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/hardware" -hardware "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\hardware" -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/portable/packages/STM32/hardware" -hardware C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/tools-builder" -tools "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\tools" -tools C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries" -libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries" -libraries "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/libraries/u8g2/" -libraries "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\STM32duino-bootloader-master\Arduino_STM32-Drivers" -prefs=runtime.tools.STM32Tools.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\STM32Tools\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\8.2.1-1.7 sketches/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino sketches/DAC.ino sketches/Delay.ino sketches/EEprom.ino sketches/Interrupts.ino sketches/IO.ino sketches/keypad.ino sketches/keypadcalmode.ino sketches/keypadsettingsmode.ino sketches/Lcd.ino sketches/Newmap.ino sketches/SerialInterface.ino sketches/TimedActions.ino
    Directory: D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32
    Command-line action failed

========== Project Build Summary ==========
    VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32 built in 00:07
    ========== Build: 0 Succeeded, 1 Failed ==========

Ian.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    IanJ
    Participant

Text file attached….zipped this time.

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the log files. It looks like the hardware directories and libraries used by VisualGDB vs. Arduino IDE are indeed different. Specifically, the following options are used by Arduino IDE, but not by VisualGDB:

-tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\hardware\tools\avr 
    -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages 
    -libraries C:\Users\Ian\Documents\Arduino\libraries

The following options are used by VisualGDB, but not by the Arduino IDE:

-hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\STM32\hardware 
    -hardware C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages 
    -tools C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages 
    -libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries 
    -libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\u8g2\ 
    -libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\STM32duino-bootloader-master\Arduino_STM32-Drivers

Also the STM32 tools used by the Arduino IDE vs. VisualGDB are different:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\tools\stm32tools\2019.10.9

vs

C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\STM32Tools\1.3.0

If looks like you have tried adding some of the missing directories from the Arduino IDE to the VisualGDB settings and ended up with an incompatible combination of packages.

In order to fix this, please try deleting the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\ArduinoSettings.xml file and the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Arduino15 directory and restarting Visual Studio. Then open VisualGDB Arduino Settings and set the following:

1. Set the Arduino IDE directory
    2. Add $(ARDUINO_ROOT)/portable/packages (without the STM32\hardware part) to Hardware Directories.

Do not add any library or tool directories. If the project still doesn’t build afterwards, please check the command line used by VisualGDB again. Its -hardware, -tools and -libraries flags should match the ones used by the Arduino IDE. If not, use the VisualGDB Arduino Settings to adjust them until they fully match.

If this still doesn’t help, please share the updated build log and we will provide further troubleshooting instructions.

IanJ
    Participant

Hi,

Per above it didn’t work, in fact I got errors regarding STM32F1 config or something……..however, I had renamed the \Arduino15 folder under users as I don’t use it, and no matter how I tried to change the various Arduino settings to steer away from \Arduino15 it still wanted it.

So I got rid of my \portable folder and went back to having \Arduino15…….and I verified the Arduino IDE still compiled my source code (both folders have same contents anyways)……and then onto VisualGDB again.

I reset the XML again and set the IDE directory……..and I am back to libmaple/gpio.h: No such file or directory problem again.
    (Out of interest I then I added the dan.drown.org json to Package Index URL’s to try but same problem.)

Here is the log again at this point, and the current arduino settings screenshot:-

Launching Arduino builder...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino\arduino-builder.exe -prefs=com.sysprogs.extraflags="-ggdb" -compile -logger=machine -fqbn=STM32:stm32:GenF1:pnum=BLUEPILL_F103C8B,upload_method=swdMethod,xserial=generic,usb=none,xusb=FS,opt=osstd,rtlib=nano -build-path D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32\Output\Generic_STM32F1_series\Debug -unoptimize=sketch -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/hardware" -hardware C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/tools-builder" -tools C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/libraries" -libraries C:\Users\Ian\Documents/Arduino/Libraries -prefs=runtime.tools.STM32Tools.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\STM32Tools\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\8.2.1-1.7 sketches/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino sketches/DAC.ino sketches/Delay.ino sketches/EEprom.ino sketches/Interrupts.ino sketches/IO.ino sketches/keypad.ino sketches/keypadcalmode.ino sketches/keypadsettingsmode.ino sketches/Lcd.ino sketches/Newmap.ino sketches/SerialInterface.ino sketches/TimedActions.ino
    info: Build options changed, rebuilding all
    warn: Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
    warn: Used: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\hardware\stm32\1.6.1\libraries\SPI
    warn: Not used: C:\Program+Files+(x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\SPI
    warn: Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
    warn: Used: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\hardware\stm32\1.6.1\libraries\EEPROM
    warn: Not used: C:\Program+Files+(x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\EEPROM
    In file included from D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32\sketches\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino:28:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\stm32sleep-master/STM32Sleep.h:1:10: fatal error: libmaple/gpio.h: No such file or directory
    #include <libmaple/gpio.h>
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    exit status 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Command exited with code 1
    Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino\arduino-builder.exe
    Arguments: -prefs=com.sysprogs.extraflags="-ggdb" -compile -logger=machine -fqbn=STM32:stm32:GenF1:pnum=BLUEPILL_F103C8B,upload_method=swdMethod,xserial=generic,usb=none,xusb=FS,opt=osstd,rtlib=nano -build-path D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32\Output\Generic_STM32F1_series\Debug -unoptimize=sketch -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/hardware" -hardware C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/tools-builder" -tools C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino-1.8.9/libraries" -libraries C:\Users\Ian\Documents/Arduino/Libraries -prefs=runtime.tools.STM32Tools.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\STM32Tools\1.3.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\STM32\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\8.2.1-1.7 sketches/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino sketches/DAC.ino sketches/Delay.ino sketches/EEprom.ino sketches/Interrupts.ino sketches/IO.ino sketches/keypad.ino sketches/keypadcalmode.ino sketches/keypadsettingsmode.ino sketches/Lcd.ino sketches/Newmap.ino sketches/SerialInterface.ino sketches/TimedActions.ino
    Directory: D:\Code_STM32\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32
    Command-line action failed

========== Project Build Summary ==========
    VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32 built in 00:06
    ========== Build: 0 Succeeded, 1 Failed ==========

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Most likely, you are still using different library/hardware directories between VisualGDB and Arduino IDE.

Please carefully examine both command lines with the latest settings and make sure that the -hardware, -tools and -libraries flags match. If not, please adjust the flags used by VisualGDB via VisualGDB Arduino Settings until those flags match.

IanJ
    Participant

Hi,

Well I tried everything but couldn’t get it working…….The problem I think is more than just the hardware/tools/packages paths etc.

I’m no expert but…….
    The main STM32Sleep.h library references some other files in other library folders and theres multiple options of MCU’s and hardware that the libraries seem to be a bit dynamic on selecting.
    I tried copying some of the files I saw being referenced to my main STM32Sleep.h library folder and it cleared one error but then just presented more. I copied more files in but still never got to the end……
    There are too many options for me to correctly decided on what exact ones I need, but then again I will just cause a lot of problems if I change to a slightly different MCU.

So, I’m at a bit of a crossroads…..I still have 3 weeks to test VisualGDB so I will try some more STM32 libraries and see what happens. All else fails it’s back to Arduino IDE & Notepad++.

Wishlist:…….the guys at SYSPROGS will install the same libraries as I have and see if they can get it working.

https://github.com/chacal/stm32sleep
    https://github.com/stm32duino/Arduino_Core_STM32
    Install STM32 core support via boards manager. I am using STM32F103

Ian.

support
    Keymaster

We have tried building the configuration you mentioned using Arduino IDE on a clean machine (Arduino IDE 1.8.10, Arduino Core for STM32 v1.7.0, stm32sleep cloned from Github, Generic STM32F1 Board) and it failed with the same error that you reported for VisualGDB:

fatal error: libmaple/gpio.h: No such file or directory

Hence it looks like the problem is caused by a specific 3rd-party library and not by VisualGDB.

IanJ
    Participant

Hi,

I am sorry to go on about this, but it is just very curious why it compiles perfectly from the Arduino IDE……….Something is different.
    I thought VisualGDB would replicate & control the Arduino IDE as if it was run independantly.
    Ian.

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_707179\core\core_a390828b8d406d0a53f1ea72fe80c344.a
    Linking everything together...
    "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino-1.8.9\\portable\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 "-TC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino-1.8.9\\portable\\packages\\stm32duino\\hardware\\STM32F1\\2019.10.9\\variants\\generic_stm32f103c/ld/jtag.ld" "-Wl,-Map,C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino.map" "-LC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino-1.8.9\\portable\\packages\\stm32duino\\hardware\\STM32F1\\2019.10.9\\variants\\generic_stm32f103c/ld" -o "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino.elf" "-LC:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340" -lm -lgcc -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\sketch\\VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\U8x8lib.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_bitmap.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_box.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_buffer.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_circle.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_cleardisplay.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_d_memory.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_d_setup.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_font.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_fonts.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_hvline.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_input_value.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_intersection.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_kerning.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_line.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_ll_hvline.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_message.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_polygon.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_selection_list.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8g2_setup.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8log.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8log_u8g2.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8log_u8x8.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_8x8.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_byte.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_cad.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_a2printer.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_il3820_296x128.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ist3020.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ks0108.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_lc7981.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ld7032_60x32.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ls013b7dh03.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_max7219.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_pcd8544_84x48.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_pcf8812.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_pcf8814_hx1230.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_sbn1661.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_sed1330.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_sh1106_64x32.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_sh1106_72x40.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_sh1107.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_sh1108.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_sh1122.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1305.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1306_128x32.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1306_128x64_noname.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1306_48x64.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1306_64x32.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1306_64x48.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1306_96x16.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1309.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1317.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1322.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1325.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1326.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1327.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1329.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1606_172x72.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_ssd1607_200x200.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_st75256.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_st7565.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_st7567.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_st7586s_erc240160.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_st7586s_s028hn118a.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_st7588.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_st7920.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_t6963.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1601.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1604.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1608.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1610.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1611.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1617.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1638.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1701_dogs102.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_d_uc1701_mini12864.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_debounce.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_display.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_fonts.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_gpio.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_input_value.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_message.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_selection_list.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_setup.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_string.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_u16toa.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\U8g2\\clib\\u8x8_u8toa.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\TimedAction\\TimedAction.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\SPI\\SPI.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\EEPROM\\EEPROM.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\EEPROM\\flash_stm32.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\stm32sleep-master\\STM32Sleep.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\RTClock\\RTClock.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\RTClock\\utility\\rtc_util.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\Wire\\SoftWire.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\Wire\\Wire.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\libraries\\Wire\\utility\\WireBase.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\core\\board.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\core\\wirish\\boards.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\core\\wirish\\boards_setup.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\core\\wirish\\start.S.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\core\\wirish\\start_c.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\core\\wirish\\syscalls.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340\\core\\core.a" -Wl,--end-group
    "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino-1.8.9\\portable\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy" -O binary "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino.bin"
    Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
    Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\SPI
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\SPI
    Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
    Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\EEPROM
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\EEPROM
    Multiple libraries were found for "RTClock.h"
    Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\RTClock
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\RTClock
    Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
    Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\Wire
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\WireSlave
    Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\Wire
    Using library U8g2 at version 2.23.18 in folder: C:\Users\Ian\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8g2
    Using library TimedAction in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\TimedAction (legacy)
    Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\SPI
    Using library EEPROM in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\EEPROM (legacy)
    Using library stm32sleep-master in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\libraries\stm32sleep-master (legacy)
    Using library RTClock at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\RTClock
    Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\portable\packages\stm32duino\hardware\STM32F1\2019.10.9\libraries\Wire
    "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino-1.8.9\\portable\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-size" -A "C:\\Users\\Ian\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_387340/VoltageSourceDigitalMini20bitV2_00_STM32.ino.elf"
    Sketch uses 81832 bytes (62%) of program storage space. Maximum is 131072 bytes.
    Global variables use 6552 bytes (31%) of dynamic memory, leaving 13928 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 20480 bytes.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by IanJ.
    IanJ
    Participant

Hi,

It should also be noted that I can actually compile the source using NotePad++ NPPEXEC which means that NotePad++ I configure with an execution script which then controls the Arduino IDE using the IDE debug mode (C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\arduino_debug). In other words command line mode.

The NPP script is as follows,

COMPILE ONLY:
    set arduino_path = “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\arduino_debug”
    cmd /c $(arduino_path) –verbose-build –board stm32duino:STM32F1:genericSTM32F103C:device_variant=STM32F103CB –verify $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)

COMPILE & UPLOAD (STLINK):
    set arduino_path = “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.8.9\arduino_debug”
    cmd /c $(arduino_path) –verbose-build –board stm32duino:STM32F1:genericSTM32F103C:device_variant=STM32F103CB –verbose-upload –upload $(full_current_path)

This works perfectly…….so again, I can’t see why VisualGDB cannot do the same thing.

Ian.

support
    Keymaster

Most likely, you have edited some files or configuration entries in the Arduino IDE to resolve this and did not change the VisualGDB configuration accordingly.

Unfortunately, without being able to reproduce the issue on our side (successful build with Arduino IDE and failing build with VisualGDB) it is not possible for us to offer any solution.

Our best advice would be to follow the Arduino Diagnostics Tutorial to compare the command lines used by the Arduino IDE and VisualGDB in order to narrow down the configuration difference.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.