STM32F4 Release Image

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32F4 Release Image

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jenko_1080
    Participant

I’m hoping that I’ve missed something simple and will feel like a fool when an answer appears…

Up until recently I’ve been stuck on Atmel chips using Atmel’s AVR Studio which just did things without my needing to know much about them, but now I’m at a stage where I think I need to know.

I have finally got a version of code that is stable and ready to sit on the chip until I decide to change something again, but I have reached a roadblock in that I don’t know how to load the code on to the chip in such a way that it will stay there and boot into this program. The only way I can get it to run is with a debugger attached.

Is there a flag I’ve missed somewhere that will make this code ‘start’ when the board is powered up.

For background I’m using an STM32F407VG with very little else attached.

Thanks in advance.

support
    Keymaster

Are you creating a normal VisualGDB proejct using the VisualGDB wizard, or importing some existing code? Are you selecting “FLASH” as the primary memory in the wizard?

jenko_1080
    Participant

G’day Bazis,

I created a normal VisualGDB project for the STM32F407 with stdlib and copied some C++ code across- only classes that were separate from the core stm32f4xx packages.

And I did select Flash as the primary memory.
    This problem occurs on both my main Pc and laptop.

This might help with a bit of diagnosis (though some config files may be missing):
    https://bitbucket.org/jenko_1080/ele4epa
    * Excuse some of the bad/rushed code, many mechanical hardware modifications caused delays as they always do with a university project.
    I’m also having a separate problem that appears to be unrelated to the initial problem:
    I run VisualGDB on my PC at home, and Laptop when I’m working elsewhere. The project I’m working on is sync’d using OneDrive to make life easier- and it has been until today. When I open the project and attempt to open “Project > VisualGDB  Project Properties” I get no window open.

The Fix i’m about to attempt is to create a new project and load my current classes in. If this fixes either problem I’ll report back, there are far too many things that can go wrong.
    Both systems are running VS2013, PC is Win8 / Laptop is Win10.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We would recommend creating a basic LEDBlink project and testing whether it still runs without debugger. If not, something is wrong with your FLASH programming setup. If yes, try gradually adding features from your current program to the LEDBlink project to see which one breaks the flow.

jenko_1080
    Participant

Sounds like an excellent plan, thanks for the help 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.