STM32F4 BSP with support for LL drivers?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32F4 BSP with support for LL drivers?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    parsec67
    Participant

Hi,

Apologies if this question appears dumb, I am still new to many things in VisualGDB; Latest ST firmware package 1.15 for STM32 released on Feb 17 contains templates and examples for full LL drivers on F4 which I would like to study and learn. I’m not sure if I looked in the right places on my disk but it appears to me that the current STM32 BSP 4.1 only includes a small subset of these LL drivers.  So I am wondering, a) when an updated BSP will be made available that includes full LL support, alternatively b) how would I proceed with adding LL support to my F4 project? Is it as simple as copying all the stm32f4xx_ll_xxxx.h/.c files from the relevant STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.15.0 folder to VisualGDB’s STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver  folder?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Our STM32 package was last time updated in December 2016, so it does not include the latest package from Feb 17. We are currently building the new STM32 BSP and expect to release it in the next 2-3 weeks, so if you don’t want to go through resolving the import issues yourself, we would recommend simply waiting until we fully support it.

parsec67
    Participant

Good to know, thanks. No rush with this so I’ll wait.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.