STM32 – stack checking

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32 – stack checking

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lorant124
    Participant

Hi,

sometimes my code go to hard fault handler. I tried using real-time stack checking. I tried using from tutorial> https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/stack/

Enabled in dynamic analysis and in framework enabled fast semihosting and fixed-size stack and heap.

Now debugging is dosnt start.

please help. thank you

exception details:

System.Exception: Could not find the following symbol in KIM:
    _ZN29SysprogsInstrumentingProfiler22ReportFramesToProfilerEPKNS_17InstrumentedFrameEy

Please ensure that your project contains the embedded profiler framework and that you call the InitializeInstrumentingProfiler() function
    at iq.c(String c, String d, k b, String a, e f, i e)
    at bs1..ctor(String g, EmbeddedDynamicAnalysisSettings h, String d, l81 a, k b, lu1 f, EmbeddedRTOSProfile c, Dictionary2 e)
    at ir.h()
    at ir.k_2(DebugCustomizationSettings a)
    at uu.w1()
    at VisualGDB.GDBDebugEngine.x(tw1 a, i2 b)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you are not calling the InitializeInstrumentingProfiler() function from your main() function.

Please ensure you call it, so all the related logic gets initialized properly. If you are not sure, please try creating a basic “Blinking LED” project for an STM32 device and then start a profiling session. This will automatically insert the initialization code to the main source file, so you could compare it with your current project.

IanS
    Participant

Dear support,

I get the exact same error as lorant.

Both the creator of the project and me do not have this “Embedded profiler and fast semihosting framework” installed. We do not want to use it.

The creator of this project can build and debug the code, there are no problems.

If I try to do the same VisualGDB states that mentioned framework is not up to date.

I have tried reinstalling visual studio and visualGDB. Is there any setting where I can turn it off?

Kind regards,

Ian

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB would require this framework if you are running the embedded profiler, or have real-time watch/other dynamic analysis options enabled via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Dynamic Analysis. Please double-check that the project doesn’t have any dynamic analysis options turned on and that you are starting debugging via the regular Debug->Start New Instance command.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.