STM32 import TouchGfX project?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32 import TouchGfX project?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Southbranch
    Participant

Hi!

Is there a way to import a TouchGFX project into VisualGDB?

If so, any example/tutorial?

Thanks in advance

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can import existing projects into VisualGDB using the “import” mode in the wizard as shown here: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/import/

Southbranch
    Participant

Thanks,

The example seems to involve CMake and Kinetis KSDK, but I am not sure if this is needed for a TouchGFX project for EVAL-STM32H743I board?

Anyway, I tried the example and basically used all default settings but it did not compile..

Any special hints for a STM32?

support
    Keymaster

From the VisualGDB side, there is no difference between these cases. If you can build the project via command line outside VisualGDB, you can import it into VisualGDB as shown in the tutorial. If you cannot build it outside VisualGDB either, simply importing it into VisualGDB will not automatically fix the build issues.

Southbranch
    Participant

Ah.. but just so I understand: building the project via command line is a prerequisite for importing into VisualGDB?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please refer to the emails from our support on 2021-10-02 and 2021-10-03 for a detailed explanation on what to expect from VisualGDB. We handle support inquiries and forum inquiries exactly the same way, so the same rules apply in both cases.

Please also feel free to refer to our project importing documentation for a very detailed explanation. In short, if you would like the import to work 100% automatically, being able to build the project via command line is a requirement.

Southbranch
    Participant

Many thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.