STM32 Adding an existing file in Visual Studio 2019

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32 Adding an existing file in Visual Studio 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smaurer
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to add an existing file to an STM32 Project, but “Add Existing Item” is not available in the Project.  I can add files to the Solution, but not the Project.  How do I add files to a STM32 Project?

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This should normally work. If not, please try attaching the screenshots showing what exactly you are trying to do and we will try to point out the possible cause of the problem.

smaurer
    Participant

Here is the screen capture.  I’m right-clicking the Src folder and trying to add a file, but no option to select an existing item.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by smaurer.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the screenshot. This is the new STM32CubeMX-based project that is split into the STM32Cube-controlled part (under the blue STM32CubeMX icon) and the VisualGDB-controlled part (outside the STM32CubeMX part).

It looks like you are trying to add files to the STM32CubeMX-controlled part that is not editable because it will be overwritten by STM32CubeMX once the project is regenerated.

Please try adding files outside the STM32CubeMX Files node. See this tutorial for a detailed introduction in the new STM32CubeMX-based workflow.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by support.
    smaurer
    Participant

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.  It works.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.