Stay mounted after reboot

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Stay mounted after reboot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,
    First off, thanks for this amazing product.

Quick and simple question with hopefully an equally quick and simple response:

Is there a way I can keep images mounted after a reboot? I’m running WXP SP3 and each time after a reboot, the mounted drives disappear from ‘my computer’.

Thank you for your time

Anonymous
    Participant

Anyone?

Anonymous
    Participant

Guess not ๐Ÿ™

danielkza
    Participant

I think you could probably work around this.

1) Replace the file association with one running a custom script that would save the mounted ISO to the registry, and call the original executable afterwards.
    2) Run another script on logon that loads the previously saved ISO list.

In fact, it would be better if it was included in WinCDEmu itself: I’ll what I can do about it (isn’t free software great?) soon.

Anonymous
    Participant

@danielkza wrote:

I think you could probably work around this.

1) Replace the file association with one running a custom script that would save the mounted ISO to the registry, and call the original executable afterwards.
    2) Run another script on logon that loads the previously saved ISO list.

In fact, it would be better if it was included in WinCDEmu itself: I’ll what I can do about it (isn’t free software great?) soon.

I’m not knowledgeable enough to create a script, but I appreciate your response and I’m glad to hear you’re going to look into it ๐Ÿ™‚

Fluxcored
    Participant

I do following to automatically mount images at specific user logon with WinCDEmu 3.3-1 and Windows 7 x86. For x64 installations just use the appropriate *64.exe files in place of the *.exe files mentioned:

0. Install some version of WinCDEMu which includes the UAC toggle and the /wait CLI argument.
    1. Choose “WinCDEmu Settings” from the WinCDEmu Start Menu Program Group. Otherwise run vmnt.exe from the folder where you installed WinCDEmu.
    2. Uncheck the box “Require administrative rights (UAC) to mount an image”.
    3. Logon as the specific user.
    4. Create batchmnt.bat in a text editor and save it (see below).
    5. Navigate the Start Menu to All ProgramsStartup.
    6. Right click Startup and choose Open.
    7. Copy batchmnt.bat into the All ProgramsStartup directory.
    8. Log out.

(Alternate Method)
    5. Navigate your registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun.
    6. Add a new String Value named “batchmnt” and modify it’s value to be the full path to batchmnt.bat including filename. Double quotes surrounding the value shouldn’t be necessary on newer Windows OS, but everyone else still uses them here…
    7. Log out.

The next time that specific user logs in they will have the images mounted by WinCDEmu.

Example of batchmnt.bat:

:: Start batch
    “C:Program FilesWinCDEmubatchmnt.exe” /unmountall /wait
    “C:Program FilesWinCDEmubatchmnt.exe” “C:Some FolderAnother Folderfoo.iso” M /wait
    “C:Program FilesWinCDEmubatchmnt.exe” “C:Some FolderAnother Folderbar.iso” N /wait
    “C:Program FilesWinCDEmubatchmnt.exe” “C:Some FolderAnother Folderfoobar.iso” O /wait
    :: End batch

Quotes are required for any path with white space within the batchmnt.bat file. /wait is required to ensure that the specified drive letter is properly assigned.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.