Standalone BSP cmake for atmel chip not working

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Standalone BSP cmake for atmel chip not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    haydenport
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to create a Advanced cmake project for the Atmel SAME54p20A with freertos. After creating the atzip and importing it into visual studio I was then able to build and debug the application as expected. I then attempted to convert the BSP to a stand-alone project. This seems to have worked but i can no longer build the project. The errors im getting are that it can not find some Header files during the building process. I will attach the errors im seeing below. I did check the cmake file and it does seem to be including the files it thinks its missing. But given the amount of redirection used in the advanced cmake project files I maybe missing something.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we should be able to investigate it if you could attach the .atzip file (please rename it to .zip to avoid attaching problems) and share the instructions to reproduce the problem (e.g. what to select in the wizard).

haydenport
    Participant

Hi,

I attached a link to the video showing the process. I will also attach the requested project.

I have had a few issues with the wizard as seen in the video, but I have found work arounds for them. I can remake the video showing the out put of the build, i didn’t realize it would cut my screen off like that at the time of recording.

Thank-you for the help.

haydenport
    Participant

It does not look like I can attach this file. I can instead send it to you via email or tell you how to make it yourself on Microchips website.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by haydenport.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by haydenport.
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry about that. If the file is too large, would you be able to upload it to a file hosting service (e.g. DropBox) and share a link?

haydenport
    Participant

Try this, I believe you should be able to access this file.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the detailed repro steps. The problem was triggered by the BSP listing its own root directory as one of the include directories, so VisualGDB incorrectly overwrote the converted CMake rules file when copying the include directory contents.

We have fixed the issue in the following build: VisualGDB-5.5.104.3938.msi

Regarding other issues:

• The device display in the wizard is correct. VisualGDB shows all devices supported by the Atmel START framework with the download icon to hint that this device is supported. The specific device you have imported is shown with the lightning icon indicating that it is ready to be used right away.
    • We have updated the logic responsible for detecting the main.c file. You should be able to create a project from the default template now, rather than creating an empty one. The rtos_demo_main.c will no longer appear as a part of the imported SDK.
    • The SDK you shared did not contain a Makefile, so VisualGDB could not compute all relevant build flags from it. Please make sure you follow step 4 of the Atmel START tutorial so that VisualGDB can compute the precise build flags (such as FPU flags) when importing the SDK.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.