SSH2 Warnings (server becomes locked up)

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB SSH2 Warnings (server becomes locked up)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dvdevore
    Participant

Hi,

I have a solution with 20+ projects (shared libraries) and 1 app/exe project that references all the shared library projects. I am able to build each individual library project successfully, but attempting to build the final exe project results in some errors and the remote server becoming unresponsive (overloaded with tasks somehow, and I have to reboot the server). The errors I am receiving are the following:

Warning: cannot perform inline build: LIBSSH2 returned LIBSSH2_ERROR_CHANNEL_FAILURE

Warning: cannot perform inline build: WriteFile failed, win32 error code

The fact that our exe is dependant on 20+ projects seems to somehow cause these issues, but I’m not quite sure why. Reducing the number of dependencies seems to get rid of the SSH2 warnings and the server becoming unresponsive, but that’s not really an option in the long run.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Any suggestions are welcome.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is caused by a limitation of most SSH servers (they don’t accept more than 10 concurrent channels within one session) and VisualGDB currently does not have a workaround for that.
    Normally Visual Studio treats all of your projects as independent ones and tries building them at the same time. Is it intended? If no, please add dependencies between projects so that VS can wait for project A to build before starting to build project B. If yes, please add some arbitrary dependencies to reduce the amount of simultaneously built projects to 5.

dvdevore
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I didn’t know that it was attempting to build multiple projects at once…I was under the (incorrect) assumption that the build process was linear.

In VS, under the Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->Build and Run, I found a setting to control the number of parallel project builds. This was set at 12 by default. I set it to 5, and it *seems* to have fixed the issue.

FYI, we are currently evaluating VGDB for use with our project. So far so good…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.