SSH – Cannot connect: Passphrase Required…

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB SSH – Cannot connect: Passphrase Required…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    eejai42
    Participant

I had a private ssh key with and I’m trying to setup the SSH connection, but getting the error that it can’t connect because a passphrase is required.  I have put the passphrase into the passphrase dialog on the “Create New SSH connection” dialog.  Since that repeatedly did not work, I removed the passphrase from the private key – and it still complains that it can’t connect because a passphrase is required.

Since the private key does NOT currently require a key, I’m not sure what the UI is complaining about…

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely the passphrase did not get removed properly or the libssh2 library that VisualGDB is using fails to recognize it.

We recommend checking the “setup public key automatically” button to let VisualGDB generate a private key, store it in a Windows key container (automatically protected by your Windows account password) and use it automatically.

ronan.quintin
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve got a similar issue. When i use putty with my private key and a user i can properly login. The remote server ask me for the passphrase and after it works. With smartty it doesn’t works at all, weither i enter the passphrase into connection wizard or not.

support
    Keymaster

Hi All,

We have investigated this further and it looks like one of the recent OpenSSL releases broke backward compatibility in the logic related to RSA keys. We have rebuilt the libssh2 library using an older OpenSSL and it should work normally.
    Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.2.11.1187.msi

ronan.quintin
    Participant

This package asks me to install visual studio. I can not do that. Don’t you have a “SmarTTY-2.2-XX.msi”  package ?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, we only provide support to users of our commercial products like VisualGDB. We will eventually release an updated version of SmarTTY that will include the fix, but we cannot give any timelines on that, sorry.

ronan.quintin
    Participant

Okay thank, in the meantime i will use a simple putty.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.