SSF doesn’t detect the CUE that I mounted

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu SSF doesn’t detect the CUE that I mounted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zero3K
    Participant

*subject*

SSF is a Sega Saturn Emulator that can be downloaded at http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/record/20091108.html (It requires the latest updates for Direct X v9). You can see if its detecting it or not by clicking Option, Option and clicking on the “CD Drive” drop down box.

support
    Keymaster

It’s hard to tell, what the problem is, not having the Saturn Emulator and its sources (and the time to analyze it). I guess, it sends some unusual SCSI codes that WinCDEmu fails to handle. Or this can be related to some copy protection mechanisms. Basically, WinCDEmu is a tool for mounting CD/DVD images with PC data, so, strictly speaking, using it with a specific Sega emulator is out of its main functionality. If you have free time (and some basic Windows Kernel knowledge), I can suggest what to look at in the debugger to determine, what does the Saturn Emulator want.

Zero3K
    Participant

Well, I have free time. But I don’t have any knowledge of the Windows Kernel.

EDIT: Its probably not showing it in the list because its Location is unknown (Right click the drive, click Properties, Click the Hardware tab, and click on the file name of the image to see what I mean).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.