Split: I cannot compile VisualGDB project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Split: I cannot compile VisualGDB project

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bachabharat
    Participant

Hi, I am facing same problem mentioned above. I am using custom edition. “Adding extra pre-build action to transfer any amount of arbitrary source directories” works good for me and can I know how/where to include those.

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this. Good to know it works.

bachabharat
    Participant

Its not working. I meant I have to make it work using that option. How can I achieve that

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please simply use the “Custom Build Steps” page of VisualGDB Project Properties to add steps for uploading the directories you need.

If you are not sure, please let us know which directories you would like to upload and where and we will help you find the correct settings.

bachabharat
    Participant

My project hierarchy goes as follows:

Shared Files
    A.cpp
    A.h
    B.h
    C.h
    C.cpp (includes B.h, PA.h)
    ProjectDirectory
    PA.cpp
    PA.h (includes B.h)

I added action in “Custom Build Steps” to copy the ‘Shared Files’ directory to remote computer.  All files (Shared Files and Project Directory) are copied into single directory on to remote target before build starts (which is to be expected)

Note: Custom Build action worked only with absolute path not relative.

Still I see build error

1>make[1]: *** No rule to make target ‘../Shared’, needed by ‘VisualGDB/Debug/A.o’. Stop.
    1>make: *** [VisualGDB/Debug/<ProjectName>.msbuild-mak:14: all] Error 2

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by bachabharat.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details. Most likely the custom actions you have configured do not preserve the folder structure you have on the Windows side (e.g. ProjectDirA gets deployed to /tmp/ProjectDirA, but SharedFiles gets deployed to /tmp/ProjectDirA/SharedFiles, so ../SharedFiles is not a valid path anymore on the Linux side).

Please double-check the relative paths of the files on the Linux side (you can run the “find .” command in the root directory via SmarTTY to get a recursive list of all files in all subdirectories).

If nothing helps, please share the paths of all relevant files on the Linux machine and your .msbuild-mak file and we will help you find the inconsistency.

bachabharat
    Participant

Hi, I got it solved. You were right about preserving the folder structure. I had the error even after solving that. There was a pop-up window asking me to install CMake while adding custom actions, which I cancelled thinking that its not a CMake project. Installing CMake solved the problem.

I truly appreciate the responsiveness  of the support team and thanks for helping me out.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by bachabharat.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. If you encounter further issues, please don’t hesitate to create another thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.