Specific shared library in debug while other in release

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Specific shared library in debug while other in release

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AndreaOSAIcnc
    Participant

Hello everybody,

first of all let me give you some context:
    I have a medium-size project (C++) composed by a lot of shared libraries and one executable (that loads al the other libraries).
    All the source-code is cross-compiled on my PC and then deployed and run on the target (ARM – Linux).

What is the simplest way in VGDB to compile/deploy/debug a library in debug configuration (so with debug symbols and optim. off) while all the other libs and exe are in release configuration?

At the moment my “startup project” is the main executable, but there are no problem for me to put the specific library as startup prj and then start the main exe with a command (actually, I’ve already tried this but it doesn’t work).

Thank you

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It generally depends on the project type you are using. For MSBuild/Make you could use the regular Visual Studio’s configuration manager. For a multi-target Advanced CMake project, the configuration would be the same for all targets, so you would need to manually override the CFLAGS for a particular library.

AndreaOSAIcnc
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for the answer.

I’m using MSbuild as build system.
    So, I have to set in the solution configuration manager the “debug” configuration for the specific project, correct?

I will try and let you know.

Thank you again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.