SmarTTY / Auto-Wrap Inserted Newlines Copied To Clipboard

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products SmarTTY / Auto-Wrap Inserted Newlines Copied To Clipboard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    captainforq
    Participant

First order of business, Thank you!  Your efforts to create useful things are very much appreciated.  SmarTTY is a very welcome alternative to other SSH clients for Windows.   It has almost met all my needs, and I intend to continue to use it, but I am hoping you can prioritize the following change for v2.3, whenever that is due.  Being closed source, I cannot help you out by attempting the patches myself, but I would like to provide the feedback so you can prioritize changes based on perceived need.

Please consider excluding auto-wrap inserted newlines when performing a copy to clipboard.  User intent is to copy the content as sent from server, not as it is displayed by SmarTTY.  This has the effect of inserting unwanted newlines in the paste target and requires user to remove the auto-wrap inserted newlines to restore the data to original format.   I have spoken to a few colleagues and they have the same concern.  When copying long lines of text using SmarTTY, they often find themselves breaking builds and having to go back and remove extra newlines that were unintentionally included.

Cheers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.