"Shown on the remote computer(DISPLAY*:0)" has no effect

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB "Shown on the remote computer(DISPLAY*:0)" has no effect

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ItalianSC
    Participant

Hi,

I’m developing a video play program for RaspberryPi4 on Windows platform using VS+VisualGDB,and I’m using SDL2 to play video,I wanted the video play window to be created on RPi host,so I choose the “Shown on the remote computer(DISPLAY*:0)” option in “Debug Settings” page,but I found the option has no effect,when I start my program from VisualGDB,the Window created by SDL_CreateWindow() API is on my Windows host,but I want it to be on remote RPi host, so why the option has no effect? Did I miss any configuration on RPi?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a RaspberryPi issue and not something specific to VisualGDB. Please consider asking on the Raspberry Pi forums instead.

If the library you are using requires a different environment variable, please let us know more details and we will help you configure VisualGDB to set it.

ItalianSC
    Participant

Yes,if I start my program from some ssh client tool(e.g. putty), I must set “DISPLAY” environment variable to “:0.0”,if it is not set,the window will be created on Windows mathine;

support
    Keymaster

No problem, we can point out a setting that will allow replicating this behavior, however we would kindly ask you to confirm your support status first.

Please let us know the email associated with your license key so that we could link it to your profile. If you are using a trial, please update your forum profile to use your company email.

ItalianSC
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks your reply, but I had solved the problem myself,I add the environment variable “DISPLAY=:0.0” in the debug settings page,then the display window can be created on the rpi host.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.