Sharing Projects between users over dropbox

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Sharing Projects between users over dropbox

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jeremyvnc
    Participant

Hello,
    I am trying to collaborate with another company on an STM32 project and they are having trouble opening VisualGDB project properties, Debug Settings and apparently they have to regenerate the MCU files everytime one of us makes a change and recompiles.  We are sharing this project over dropbox.  Both parties can recompile but they cannot start debugging because Visual Studio crashes anytime they attempt to go to VisualGDB Project Properties -> Debug Settings (the dialog comes up blank and then Visual Studio crashes).  Both parties are using Visual Studio 2015.

If they make a new project, then all of VisualGDB project properties works fine and they can see the Debug Settings screen.

Can you please help me/us?

Jeremy

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. Based on your description, this is most likely caused by some setting specific to your project files.

First of all, please try the recently released VisualGDB 5.4 Preview1: https://sysprogs.com/files/visualgdb/VisualGDB-5.4-preview1.msi

If the problem still persists, please try either attaching one of your project files (.vcxproj, .filters, .vgdbsettings, .props files should be sufficient, you don’t need to attach the actual source code) or attach another VS instance to the primary one (in the Managed Debug mode) and try reproducing the problem. The outer VS instance should catch the crash and display detailed information about it.

jeremyvnc
    Participant

Thanks, I found the issue.  I created a new project and used the DebugConfig section from it in the previous projects vgdb settings file.  That fixed the problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.