Setting up VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Setting up VisualGDB

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fanrin
    Participant

I really liked visualgdb, but I’d like to solve some questions before I buy it.

1) I’d like to copy the HAL to my project folder when I create a new project
    2) Can I create a folder structure template for all new projects?
    3) When I turn on VS IntelliSense everything stops working

P.S. is there a mode for dark themes?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. You can copy the HAL to your project folder by converting the project to a stand-alone one (requires Custom edition).
    2. You can create project templates with custom folder structures via the template mechanism
    3. VS IntelliSense is not designed to handle the GCC-specific language extensions, so it works less reliable than the Clang IntelliSense that is designed specifically for this purpose. You could try locating the parts of the code that are causing the errors (e.g. unrecognized special keywords) and adding workaround definitions (like #define <unrecognized keyword> <empty string>) there, but normally we advise using the Clang IntelliSense as it solves this type of problems by design.

With dark theme, we are gradually switching the VisualGDB GUI to the new WPF framework that handles the VisualGDB theme colors automatically. Currently all the tool windows are following the dark theme colors, although most of the popup windows don’t do that yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.