SDK config ESP32

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB SDK config ESP32

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mattia
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve one question during ESP32 properties setting: if you open VisualGDB Project Properties, you have a GUI to choose the parameter of the workspace. However, the description of those settings doesn’t match exactly the real name of sdkconfig. For example, in “mbedtls” you have  CONFIG_MBEDTLS_DYNAMIC_BUFFER as variable of sdkconfig, while, the GUI “Using dynamic TX/RX buffer”.

Also, the search button search for name of the GUI only. So I would like to ask: is there any way to search for the name of sdkconfig? Or can you put also those name in the search button?

Thank you,

Mattia Berton

mattia
    Participant

Perhaps my suggestion were not very clear, let me be more clear with some images: as you can see in the image attached, the property “Using dynamic TX/RX buffer” is mapped as “CONFIG_MBEDTLS_DYNAMIC_BUFFER” in sdkconfig.

The filter field search for text in the GUI, but in a lot of example I need to check for the sdkconfig name variable.

So I would like to know if there is a way to search for name as indicated in sdkconfig.

Thank you,

Mattia

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Currently VisualGDB indeed only searches the property captions and not the underlying variable names. We will look further into it next week and will publish an updated build that will search both captions and internal names.

support
    Keymaster

OK, we have updated VisualGDB to allow searching for the internal variable names in the KConfig editor. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.6.108.4758.msi

It now also supports the “^”, “$” and “;” syntax from Code Explorer, so that you can filter the values more precisely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.