Remote directory per Jenkins job build

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Remote directory per Jenkins job build

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Assaf Katz
    Participant

Hello,

I am interested in running a Jenkins build with concurrent builds. The build includes VisualGDB with a Linux target, and it will be executed on the same Linux server for all builds. To achieve this, I would like to create a separate directory for each build. Is there a way to utilize a remote directory that incorporates both the name and the build number?

Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, VisualGDB expands the Windows environment variables the same way it does for internal variables like $(ProjectDir). So you could update your Jenkins script to set a variable (e.g. BuildNumber) and then use $(BuildNumber) in the remote directory path in VisualGDB Project Properties.

Assaf Katz
    Participant

Hello,

Sure, is there a way to set the default value to another variable? Additionally, can it be used in a user file? My intention is to utilize /home/${user} when executed from the user interface and /tmp/${build_name}/${build_number} when executed from Jenkins.

Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, you can use the per-user variables as shown below

• Set the default value to the normal location.
    • Try redefining it for your own user account and check the <Project>-<Configuration>.vgdbsettings.<User name>.user file where VisualGDB would store the per-user value.
    • Update the Jenkins build script to generate a similar .user file (with the user account name used by Jenkins, try “echo %USERNAME%” if not sure) with the correct per-build value.

If you are not planning to use any other per-user settings, you can also use the following syntax when generating the .user file (instead of XML):

#comment
    VariableName1 := VariableValue1
    VariableName2 := VariableValue2
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.