Remeber tool window state/layout in Debug?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Remeber tool window state/layout in Debug?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    devrope
    Participant

Every time I start a debug session the tool windows are changing from what I had last time.
    Example: I had Output and Chronometer active last time, after starting a new debug (F5), “GDB Session” is activated and Chronometer is not.
    Also, a long time ago I dragged the “Live variables” window to my second screen, now it pops up there every time, even though I close it every time.

Visual Studio normally respects the window layout, also separate states for when editing and when debugging.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The GDB session window gets activated during the launch of the program to show FLASH loading progress and other information. We can add an option to not explicitly activate it if you believe this would be more usable.

Regarding other windows, this could be caused by a corrupt .suo file. Please try closing the solution and deleting the .vs folder.

devrope
    Participant

Thanks for the answer, yes an option would be nice.
    And it didn’t help to delete the .vs folder, Live variables still pops up on the second screen every debug session 🙁

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, we have added an option “Don’t activate GDB Session window” under Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->GUI in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.13.1881.msi

The Live Variables tool window should normally appear close to the ‘Output’ window. Either way, if you keep the window open, but put it in the background (i.e. behind any other window), it should stay in the background and not re-appear.

devrope
    Participant

Thanks, much better!
    I also managed to get rid of the Live Variables window by dragging and docking it back to the main IDE window.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.