Relative path to ESP-IDF toolchain

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Relative path to ESP-IDF toolchain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

i’m testing your VisualGDB for different project.

Is there a way to set different toolchain path for different project? In pur company we usually git as main repo, and i would have toolchain going with the source code

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Leonardo Zambonelli

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB references toolchains using unique IDs and versions:

• Each project file contains a ToolchainID element with the toolchain ID and version
    • VisualGDB matches it against a list of known toolchains on this computer (see this page) and automatically loads the correct toolchain

This mechanism allows having different toolchain locations on different machines while sharing the same project file between all users.

If you would like to check in your toolchain into the your repo, you can simply move the toolchain there, and then import it into VisualGDB on each computer (click the “locate existing toolchain” link in the toolchain selector and point it to the toolchain.xml file). VisualGDB will then automatically locate it using the usual ToolchainID reference.

You can also use the Team Settings to automatically install the same toolchain on multiple computers.

Hi,

i’ve tried your solution but not clear what happened.

I added my custom path as toolchain using the command “Locate an Existing SDK checkout”.

I worked but in the project file i have an absolute path, that does not allow to use on another machine

<ESPIDFExtension>
    <IDFCheckout>
    <Version>master</Version>
    <Subdirectory>/c/Projects/AxelProjectGit/MrLightRGB/toolchain/v4.3.1</Subdirectory>
    <Type>ESPIDF</Type>
    </IDFCheckout>
    <COMPort>COM3</COMPort>
    <SuppressTestPrerequisiteChecks>false</SuppressTestPrerequisiteChecks>
    <UseCCache>false</UseCCache>
    </ESPIDFExtension>

I’ve tried using relative path, but neither ../../toolchain/v4.3.1 nor ${ProjectPath}../../toolchain/v4.3.1 worked because it seems VisualGDB combine this path with the installed path

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is the ESP-IDF path, not the toolchain path. If you would like to change the toolchain path, please refer to the instructions from our previous reply.

The ESP-IDF always needs to be installed in a subdirectory under the toolchain directory and cannot be referenced via a relative path. If you would like to check it into source control, please consider putting it into a separate git repository and checking it out under the toolchain directory.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Done steps forward but still have problem:

Attached my vgdbproj file

This is the error i get if i try to pull everything (source+toolchain+sdk) from git
    Attached the error i get!

I’ve already imported toolchain (selecting the toolchain.xml file) as well as the sdk

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your kindly help

Leonardo Zambonelli

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Fixed.
    In my git repo all EXE, DLL and .O files have not been added to source control.
    Now it works like a charm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.