Received a SIGTRAP: Trace/breakpoint trap

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Received a SIGTRAP: Trace/breakpoint trap

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yuvalke
    Participant

Just downloaded and installed the VisualGDB tool for VS. I’m using NXP FRDM K64.

I’ve downloaded the SDK 2.1 package and using this link I did everthing needed.

Unfortunately, no demo project can be ran…

I’m using my project based on some demo project inside the sdk 2.1, and every time I try running some demo (even the simplest demo) I encounter this error:

Received a SIGTRAP: Trace/breakpoint trap

What can I do to overcome it?

I practically cannot seem to use this great tool.

Thank,

Yuv

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This error is a generic one that indicates a hardware exception (e.g. trying to read an invalid address) and usually happens for simple projects when the project configuration does not match the board (e.g. the configured memory size is larger than the actual memory size).

To track it down, please check the call stack window to see where in the code it happens. If this does not work, please open the Embedded Debug Settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties, select “step into new instance-> entry point” and start debugging with F10 instead of F5. Then you should be able to step through the startup code and understand what causes the error.

If you are not sure, feel free to post the details about the error here and we will help you resolve it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.