Raspbian toolchains

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Raspbian toolchains

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    philAtkin
    Participant

Visual Studio is offering me the chance to update my toolchain to 6.3.0/7.12/r4.

First: how do I find out what has changed since the r3 version?

Second: what is the significance of the ‘Compatible SD card image’ column on the “Prebuilt Windows Toolchain for Raspberry Pi” page?  It says that it’s compatible with a particular image that is the full (I guess, desktop included) version of Raspbian stretch.  Does that mean that it is somehow incompatible with a Raspbian image that does not contain the desktop?

Thanks

Phil Atkin

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The difference between different revisions for Raspberry Pi toolchains is mainly the compatible SD card image.

This means that we resynchronize it on our side, verify that the all relevant tool and library versions are still the same (normally, only the gcc, libc, libgcc and libstdc++ versions are critical), run a few tests and release it. I.e. it will work out-of-the-box with the specified SD card image. It may also work with a slightly different image (e.g. no desktop included), but unless we explicitly list it as a “compatible image”, we have not verified it on our side.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.