Raspberry Pi Tutorial – Mismatching environment detected

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Raspberry Pi Tutorial – Mismatching environment detected

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gojimmypi
    Participant

Hello,

I’m following the Raspberry Pi tutorial at:

https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/

… and between steps 9 and 10 a “Mismatching environment detected”  dialog box popped up. Should I put all the “Value in console” settings into the “Value in command mode” column? Or perhaps just click “ok”? I don’t know why I cannot upload pictures on this forum, but here’s a link to what I see:

I’m running Visual Studio 2015 with VisualGDB 5.2 (build 1374); RPi version:

Linux raspberrypi 4.4.26-v7+ #915 SMP Thu Oct 20 17:08:44 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

Simply pressing “ok” seems to still allow debugging (very cool, btw!) – but should I be concerned about the mismatch dialog box?

Please advise – thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is normal. The mismatching environment issue occurs if some of the ‘export XXX=YYY’ commands in your .bashrc files are configured to run on interactive shells only (i.e. when the user logs on via SSH without a specific command to run). This would cause strange problems (e.g. if PATH is different) where some tools can be located from a normal SSH session, but could not be launched by VisualGDB, so VisualGDB automatically diagnoses this and sets the missing environment variables.

Unless you discover some really strange problems, simply pressing OK should be sufficient.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.