Raspberry Pi Qt – ui_Dialog.h not generated

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Raspberry Pi Qt – ui_Dialog.h not generated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nahumb
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to add a new dialog to a raspberry pi Qt application that has some working dialogs.

The Dialog.ui file is generated by Qt Designer and after adding it I can see it is added to the CMakeLists.txt file, I rebuild the project however while all the previous ui_xx.h files are generated, the new ui_Dialog.h is not.

I have removed one of the previous x.ui files (remove, not delete) and rebuild the project but this removed file ui_x file was still generated (as it was not really removed?)

I renamed its file name and the build could not proceed.

Now I have renamed its name back to the original name and add it back, but now a ui_x.h file for this file is also not generated any more.

Anny sugestions?

Thanks,

Nahum.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by nahumb.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like an issue with the Qt build scripts and not VisualGDB. Please refer to the Qt CMake documentation and/or Qt forums for further help with this.

That said, if you can successfully build the project manually (via the command line), but it does not work with VisualGDB, please try comparing the build command lines as shown here. If you can confirm that the command line used by VisualGDB is specifying something incorrectly, we should be able to fix it.

nahumb
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, I have not found any reference in the Qt related resources.

I was also trying to perform the manual build process, but I must say that my limited knowledge prevents me from getting any significant information from that.

As another approach, I have tried to create new CMake Qt project using the VGDB wizard. This includes only a MainWindow.ui, and a ui_MainWindow.h file is generated.

Now I have tried to add another dialo.ui file, and again, ui_dialog.h is not generated.

I removed both the MainWindow.ui and the dialog.ui files (i don’t see them in the auto generated CMakeList.txt), but yet the uiMainWindow.h is generated. And again, this is in a completely new generated template application!

I’m using VGDB R5.5R4 build 3920.

Thanks,

NAhum.

nahumb
    Participant

Hi,

Any updates?

Thanks,

Nahum.

nahumb
    Participant

Issue was resolved.

#include “ui_xxxx.h” MUST be included in a source.cpp file for each xxxx.ui file.

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.9/prop_tgt/AUTOUIC.html

Thanks,

Nahum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.