I’m trying to add a new dialog to a raspberry pi Qt application that has some working dialogs.
The Dialog.ui file is generated by Qt Designer and after adding it I can see it is added to the CMakeLists.txt file, I rebuild the project however while all the previous ui_xx.h files are generated, the new ui_Dialog.h is not.
I have removed one of the previous x.ui files (remove, not delete) and rebuild the project but this removed file ui_x file was still generated (as it was not really removed?)
I renamed its file name and the build could not proceed.
Now I have renamed its name back to the original name and add it back, but now a ui_x.h file for this file is also not generated any more.
This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by nahumb.
This looks like an issue with the Qt build scripts and not VisualGDB. Please refer to the Qt CMake documentation and/or Qt forums for further help with this.
That said, if you can successfully build the project manually (via the command line), but it does not work with VisualGDB, please try comparing the build command lines as shown here. If you can confirm that the command line used by VisualGDB is specifying something incorrectly, we should be able to fix it.
Unfortunately, I have not found any reference in the Qt related resources.
I was also trying to perform the manual build process, but I must say that my limited knowledge prevents me from getting any significant information from that.
As another approach, I have tried to create new CMake Qt project using the VGDB wizard. This includes only a MainWindow.ui, and a ui_MainWindow.h file is generated.
Now I have tried to add another dialo.ui file, and again, ui_dialog.h is not generated.
I removed both the MainWindow.ui and the dialog.ui files (i don’t see them in the auto generated CMakeList.txt), but yet the uiMainWindow.h is generated. And again, this is in a completely new generated template application!