QT5 toolchain error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB QT5 toolchain error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fbettin
    Participant

Hi,

I need you help for solving an issue that’s is getting me crazy.

I want to use VisualGDB for developing a QT5 based application and then debug it on my Raspberry PI.

I followed the tutorial [http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/qt/embedded/] for croos compiling QT5 and everything worked fine.

Because of my small size HD I decided to move the SysGCC folder from hard drive (C:) to micro SD (D:)

I reinstalled the toolchain, the python package and the MINGV toolchain again changing the root path from C to D.

I changed the VisualGDB setting accordingly but when I try to create a QT5 project the following error appears:

Tool arguments: D:\SysGCC\Raspberry\arm-linux-gnueabihf\sysroot\usr\local\qt5\bin\qmake.exe TestProFile.pro CONFIGNAME=Debug
    Project ERROR: CROSS_COMPILE needs to be set via -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=<path>
    Could not read qmake configuration file D:/SysGCC/Raspberry/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/local/qt5/mkspecs/devices/linux-rasp-pi2-g++/qmake.conf.
    Error processing project file: TestProFile.pro

I’m not able to find out how to setting up the environment in order to avoid this error and creating the QT5 project

Please help me 🙂

Thanks

Federico

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Qt framework has a bad habit of hardcoding various paths in the executables like qmake.exe, hence moving the toolchain to a different location would break everything.

The easiest workaround would be to make a symlink from c:\SysGCC to d:\SysGCC:

mklink /d c:\SysGCC d:\SysGCC

This way your files will be physically located in d:\, but you can still use the c:\SysGCC path to access them.

fbettin
    Participant

Hi Bazis,

Thanks for the comments

I will try and I hope to solve the issue with your tip

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure. If you encounter any problems, feel free to let us know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.