Qt QML Support – Help

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Qt QML Support – Help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lyonsjw
    Participant

I have VisualGDB and VS 2019 working on my PC.  Using VS I am cross compiling Qt widget projects for the raspberry Pi and Raspberian OS.  Everything appears to be working fine except for one thing.  I can find no way to start a VisualGDB QML project in VS.  Does VisualGDB support Qt and QML (AKA Qt Quick, i think)?  If so. is there a tutorial available to teach me how to do this?  If not, why?  Is there some kind of technical issue that i am unaware of?

I have both embedded and windows C++ experience along with C#, Delphi…  What i don’t have is Qt and Linux experience so please take that into account when assisting me with this.  At this point i am very much a Qt  and Linux noob.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, QML (Qt Quick) is based on a completely different technology stack, compared to the regular Qt projects, and is hence not supported by VisualGDB.

lyonsjw
    Participant

That’s kind of what I was expecting to hear.  Are there any plans to add QML to VisualGDB?

I know this next question doesn’t really pertain to VisualGDB but do you know of a good tutorial for cross compiling QML and uploading to the Raspberry Pi.  Something good for a noob.

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, we do not have any plans to support QML on the VisualGDB side.

We can help you configure QML for Raspberry Pi as a part of our consulting services. Please feel free to reach out to our sales if you would like to get a quote.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.