Program and Start without debugging popup window

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Program and Start without debugging popup window

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MystikReasons
    Participant

Hello Sysprogs

Every time when I program and start without debugging a little notification window pops up with the following content: “The device has been programmed successfully”.

I flash the device a lot and after a time it gets frustrating to always click on the button so for example the COM-port can show up.

Now my question:

Would it be possible to remove the pop up completely (if you dont want to remove it completely you could make an clickbox for the user or something to deactivate it/activate it again) and instead only display a message in the “Output” sector of Visual Studio or something?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by MystikReasons.
    parsec67
    Participant

I second this request.

As well, in the case of ESP8266, the option to hide the dialog “The programmed image does not contain the GDB stub. Do you want to open instructions…” .

support
    Keymaster

No problem, we have made the message box optional in this build: VisualGDB-5.4.106.3194.msi

Unfortunately, the GDB stub warning is handled on a different level, so it’s harder to make it optional as well. As a workaround, please consider moving to advanced ESP8266 projects based on the new RTOS SDK 3.x. They use the same logic as ESP-IDF projects where the memory programming is handled by ESP-IDF and the confirmation is optional.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.