Problems with building project after update

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problems with building project after update

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    karlis77
    Participant

Hi.

I do not have much experience with visual gdb, so these might be easy problems to fix, but I just do not know how…

So , I opened visual gdb and it offered to update something(didn’t paid attention what was updated), and after the update I noticed that in my project header files below were not found:

#include <string.h>
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>

In Project/VisualGDb Project Properties/MSBuild settings I added C:\SysGCC\arm-eabi\arm-eabi\include and now these header files are included but I have next error:

1>—— Build started: Project: powerboard, Configuration: Debug VisualGDB ——
    1>System.Exception
    1>System.Exception: Missing C:\bin\arm-eabi-gcc.exe
    1> at Sysprogs.Build.Tasks.VisualGDBTask.Execute()
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\gcc.targets(82,5): error : Missing C:\bin\arm-eabi-gcc.exe
    1>Done building project “powerboard.vcxproj” — FAILED.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Can someone please help? Maybe I started with wrong actions of adding the include libs..

karlis77
    Participant

Ok, I think I just found the solution:

Had to click: Rebuild MSBuild & IntelliSense files for toolchain

mdskelton
    Participant

Please tell me where to click: “Rebuild MSBuild & IntelliSense files for toolchain “. I cannot find the button. One would think that if VisualGDB auto-updated a tool, it would fix itself to use the new tool.

samo4
    Participant

I had the same problem, but was luckier with finding the “Rebuild MSBuild & IntelliSense files for toolchain “ button. It’s under “visual GDB project properties” -> “MS build settings”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.