Problems using VisualGDB Espressif toolchain from commandline

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problems using VisualGDB Espressif toolchain from commandline

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gojimmypi
    Participant

Previously, I was able to test a VisualGDB application was still usable by non-VisualGDB users in both DOS and Linux environments by running the respective export command from command line.

As noted in 33578 I’ve been having problems since attempting to install the ESP-IDF v5.

Going back to the tried-and-true v4.4.1 and/or v4.4.2 that has been working for quite some, today I can no longer run export from a WSL prompt, instead getting this error:

gojimmypi@DESKTOP(WSL): /mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.1 ((v4.4.1) *) espressif/esp-idf

0 $ . ./export.sh
    Detecting the Python interpreter
    Checking "python" ...
    Checking "python3" ...
    Python 3.8.10
    "python3" has been detected
    Adding ESP-IDF tools to PATH...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.1/tools/idf_tools.py", line 1858, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
    File "/mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.1/tools/idf_tools.py", line 1854, in main
    action_func(args)
    File "/mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.1/tools/idf_tools.py", line 1176, in action_export
    tools_info = filter_tools_info(tools_info)
    File "/mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.1/tools/idf_tools.py", line 1118, in filter_tools_info
    targets = get_user_defined_targets()
    File "/mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.1/tools/idf_tools.py", line 1098, in get_user_defined_targets
    if env == idf_env_json['idfSelectedId']:
    KeyError: 'idfSelectedId'
    gojimmypi@DESKTOP(WSL): /mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.1 ((v4.4.1) *) espressif/esp-idf

Any advice on what might have gone wrong and how I can fix it? Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Please note that our support is strictly limited to VisualGDB. If you encounter problems using the Espressif toolchain outside VisualGDB, please consider contacting Espressif for help.

Our ESP32 toolchain packages contain the toolchains and ESP-IDF checkouts published by Espressif, along with the XML files that allow VisualGDB to use them out-of-the-box. We do not modify the Espressif toolchains in any way and do not make any guarantees regarding their operation. They are developed by and maintained by Espressif, so please contact Espressif if you need help with them.

gojimmypi
    Participant

I did find a solution for this:

Deleted the ~/.espressif folder and re-ran the ./install.sh in /mnt/c/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v4.4.2

I don’t yet have this working for the ESP-IDF v5, but at least my old toolchains for VisualGDB from a command prompt are working again.

support
    Keymaster

This looks like another problem arising from doing multiple things at once. The files in ~/.espressif are created during the toolchain installation, so you likely had leftovers from the previous incomplete installs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.