Problem with text color under Visual Studio 2019

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem with text color under Visual Studio 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    octal
    Participant

I’m testing VisualGDB on two PC (at work and at home). On my Home PC, I have a strange problem under Visual Studio 2019 (It works perefctly with VS2015). I have found someone who is experimenting absolutely same problem as me on StackOverflow (he describes the problem perfectly).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58441128/problem-with-text-color-in-visual-studio-visualgdb

Regards

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by octal.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by octal.
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry, this is actually an issue caused by a recent change in the way Visual Studio reports its color settings to language services like the one used by VisualGDB.

Please try the following build, it already contains a fix for it: VisualGDB-5.5.1.3311.msi

wtywtykk
    Participant

Hello,

I encountered the color problem too. After installing the fix above, the colors were corrected. However, I can’t build the project now, and I got following messages:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\external.targets(6,3): error MSB4018: The “LaunchVisualGDB” task failed unexpectedly.
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\external.targets(6,3): error MSB4018: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type ‘VisualGDB.Builder.ISimpleFormattedBuildLogLineSink’ from assembly ‘VisualGDBCore, Version=5.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8f764369eb712693’.
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\external.targets(6,3): error MSB4018: at Sysprogs.build.tasks.shared.LaunchVisualGDB.Execute()
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\external.targets(6,3): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\MSBuild\Targets\external.targets(6,3): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()

And following messages show up when I open the project:

error : Designtime build failed for project ‘C:\Users\163wt\Desktop\EmbeddedProject1\EmbeddedProject1\EmbeddedProject1.vcxproj’ configuration ‘Debug|VisualGDB’. IntelliSense might be unavailable.
    Set environment variable TRACEDESIGNTIME = true and restart Visual Studio to investigate.

Regards

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for pointing this out, please try the following build instead: VisualGDB-5.5.1.3317.msi

wtywtykk
    Participant

Hi,
    It works, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.