-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred! See also “C:/Users/Don/source/CoralVue/Hydros/EmbeddedProject2/VisualGDB/Debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
The problem is that ESP-IDF/v4.0 is not located at c:/esp-idf/V4_0. (where the trace above says it is being looked for), it is located at under the toolchain at C:\SysGCC\esp32-R8\esp-idf\v4.0. I have tried locating the release and like I said it works fine in the new project. For some reason I can’t get the old project to use the correct version.
I tried manually editing the XML in the vgdbproj but that just produced a different set of errors.
Most likely, the old project file hardcodes the incorrect path somewhere in the settings. VisualGDB stores its ESP-IDF project settings in XML-based .vgdbcmake/.vgdbproj files, so you should be able to find out the difference by simply comparing a working and a broken project file side-by-side.
Also doing a full rebuild (Rebuild All, not Build All) might help, as it will reset the CMake-specific cache that may also contain some invalid paths.