Prevent auto highlighting

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Prevent auto highlighting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sherlock
    Participant

When editing code, this often happens:

text gets highlighted automatically and I can’t read what I just typed.

This seems to be a bug or is there some setting I need to consider?

If I close and reopen the file its fine, but that’s just not practical.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Sherlock.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please refer to the following page for more details: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/colors/

Sherlock
    Participant

Hi, OK I looked at that (and I’ve used this a lot in the past for my C# .Net work) but I do not know which specific C++ entry to adjust.

If I simply begin to edit an existing name, this odd highlighting kicks in, so it is the act of editing an existing name that seems to trigger this, and I have no idea what specific C++ entry this pertains to!

If I edit a C# file in a C# project it doesn’t do this, it does kind of select the name being edited but highlights it differently, the name gets surrounded in a dotted rectangle but the word is readable, slightly shaded but readable.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Sherlock.
    Sherlock
    Participant

Just FYI too, I’m using VS 2022 version 17.3.6 and have the Color Theme set to Dark+ which is what I use for .Net and other projects and languages.

This might help you reproduce it.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please do check the page we linked in the previous reply – it shows the exact setting for this exact behavior.

Sherlock
    Participant

Yes, you’re right! “refactoring suggestion” my apologies, many thanks!

support
    Keymaster

No worries. Due to some reason, Visual Studio sometimes randomly resets this specific color setting (it appears to be related to switching between the light and dark theme), but we never managed to reproduce it reliably, so we just showed its exact location in our documentation.

If you (or anyone else) discover a reliable way to reproduce this, feel free to post an update and we will look further into it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.