prebuild step

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB prebuild step

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello,
    I am working on a linux project with VGDB version 4.1. and Visual Studio 2008
    I need to perform some actions before the build but I was unable to find how to launch prebuild commands.
    Have you any idea?
    Is it possible to launch prebuild and postbuild commands on the remote server within visualGDB?
    thx

ket
    Participant

Hi,

You can add pre-build and post-build steps on the Custom build steps page in VisualGDB Project Properties, they can be run locally or on remote machines. The Custom build steps page is available in VisualGDB Custom and Ultimate editions.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for your quick answer.
    Actually we are working with the Linux Edition.
    So the only solution is to upgrade to custom edition.

thx

michael.s
    Participant

I know this is an old thread, but I just hit the same problem and i found a different solution. so for anybody in the same situation:

If you go to the propreties of your project (not the GDB-properties!!!, normal Visual Studion properties) you open the NMAKE configuration property. you see three lines starting with the ‘build command line’ and it is filled with the Visual-GDB-commandline like: “$(VISUALGDB_DIR)\VisualGDB.exe” /build “$(ProjectPath)” ….

click on the line and see, that there is a pop-up triangle on the right side of the edit field. click it and click ‘edit…’. An extra window opens with one line – the

“$(VISUALGDB_DIR)\VisualGDB.exe” /build “$(ProjectPath)”…

line. you can now add a line before (pre-build execution) or after it (post-build execution). Do the same to the other lines, if you wish.

I used it for SubWCRev.exe to automatically build myself a version.h from the SVN repository at pre-build-time and it works like a charm.

cheers

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can do that as well if it works for you. However many convenient things like running commands on remote machines or transferring additional files would only work via pre/post-build actions (unless you want to script them via SSH/SCP manually).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.