Pre-debug step breaks unit testing

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Pre-debug step breaks unit testing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    curtis.hendrix
    Participant

I have a pre-debug step that flashes the bootloader and application information for the bootloader (crc, signatures, size information), etc.  This appears to break the ability to run unit tests by clicking on “run unit test”.  I can get them to run by selecting “debug”.

When I click on “run”, the test runner just sits there spinning.  The popup from J-Flash indicating it’s actually flashing (the 3 progress bar window) never shows up.

curtis.hendrix
    Participant

Oh. Wait a minute.  I think I know what’s happening: clicking on “run” in the test runner doesn’t run the pre-debug steps, which means the updated CRC and signature never gets flashed to the board, which means the bootloader refuses to launch the application (because the CRCs don’t match)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know you know what is going on. In general, it is hard to suggest anything specific for a complex project that was created by someone else and involves numerous external points of failure.

If you believe VisualGDB is not working as expected, please try reproducing the problem completely from scratch (i.e. from creating a new project) and sharing the repro steps per our problem reporting guidelines. If we are able to reproduce the issue on our side, and can confirm that it is caused by VisualGDB, we should be able to resolve it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.