Porting a windows program to a Raspberry pi

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Porting a windows program to a Raspberry pi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    warchilin66
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to port a program that was compiled on a windows machine with Delphi 7 to a Raspberry pi with VisualGDB. Does anyone have an idea where I can start.  I went through the tutorials and Have put a lot of time into it and just cannot seem to get the concept. Any examples would be great. I am not a programmer and this was handed off to me to deal with.

I was able to get the program to compile in Delphi 7 and make the changes and upgrades I needed. Now I just nee to port it out to Linux arm for the Raspberry pi. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

James Salazar

warchilin66@hotmail.com

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Wow, that would be quite complex actually. Delphi uses the Pascal programming language and the VCL library, while making GUI for Raspberry Pi typically involves C++ and the Qt library, that are completely different.

You would essentially need to develop the Raspberry Pi version from scratch and use the Delphi version as your reference. If you don’t have software development experience to do this yourself, we could offer you our consulting services to have this done for you. You can simply contact sales@sysprogs.com with a brief overview of your application so that we could get you a basic estimate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.