Permissions issue on Linux Target executable

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Permissions issue on Linux Target executable

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lanczos
    Participant

Hello,

When I try to launch a debug executable VisualGDB debugger, I get the error “LIBSSH2 returned LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_RECV”. I believe the issue is that the executable that is copied to the deployment machine doesn’t have executable permissions. The executable on the build machine does have executable permissions. Once in a while when I try to launch (say 1 out of every 10 times), it launches successfully. In these rare cases the target executable does have executable permissions.

I assume VisualGDB is doing a chmod +x after the executable is copied to the deployment machine, but this usually (but not always) fails. Don’t know why. SSH connection is using root.

Is there any way to automatically repeat a chmod +x after the executable has been copied to the deployment machine?

FYI, I have the trial license, I want to make sure this works before I purchase.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally, VisualGDB would invoke ‘chmod +x’ automatically when deploying files. You can double-check it via View->Other Windows->VisualGDB Diagnostics Console.

If you can confirm that it gets invoked intermittently, please try simplifying your setup (i.e. having just 1 project deployed at a time). Does it also fail to run chmod?

If VisualGDB runs chmod successfully, but the target appears to ignore it, it could be a glitch in the SSH server.

Either way, you can configure VisualGDB to run arbitrary commands before debugging via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Custom Debug Steps -> Before Launching Debugger.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.