Path mapping with Build Variables

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Path mapping with Build Variables

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello,

Currently evaluating VisualGDB for use with an Android NDK project. Going well so far, pretty sure I’ll end up buying a license. Hit one small snag so far though.

I was just now trying to set up path mapping (so that, among other things, build errors would map to source files and lines correctly in Visual Studio’s error list). In Visual GDB Project Settings -> Path Mapping -> Relative Paths (the field at the very bottom of the dialog).

If I specify an absolute path in the “Relative Paths” field, it works as expected. For obvious reasons, I’d rather not have an absolute path in a project config if I can possibly avoid it. I tried using the $(ProjectDir) variable in this field, but it just gets spit out as-is instead of being translated to the actual value of that variable. Tried a few other variables and the same thing happened.

I’m guessing build variable translation isn’t enabled for this field or it just isn’t enabled when the value is used to translate relative paths in Visual Studio’s output log. This field definitely *does* work as I would expect it to if I use an absolute path. Being able to use a variable instead would be preferred though. 🙂

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We have added support for build variables in custom directory mapping to the upcoming v3.1 release.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.