Path is not of a legal form.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Path is not of a legal form.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jonasjohansson
    Participant
    Hi,

Im running VisualGDB 4.3 and I get the the error "Path is not of a legal form." when trying to add a VisualGDB configuration (from Project->Add VisualGDB Configuration->New Linux Configuration).
    I am also unable to open the properties under (Project->VisualGDB Project Properties).
    Do you have any feedback on what I might be doing wrong?

Best regards,
    /Jonas
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB 4.3 is very old and likely contains many bugs that have been fixed in later versions. Please consider updating to VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 7.

PeterFromSwe
    Participant

Hi

This seems relevant for newer versions as well…

VisualGDB version: 5.4.104.3031

—————— System.ArgumentException ——————
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
    at System.IO.Path.LegacyNormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
    at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
    at System.IO.Path.InternalGetDirectoryName(String path)
    at e11.m3(Project a)
    at e11.NewWindowsConfiguration.Execute()

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we can help you resolve this.

Adding a Windows configuration to a regular Win32 project is a part of our automated pre-release tests (we have also rechecked it manually now just in case), so the issue is likely caused by some specific setting in your project. If you could share either the project that triggers this, or compare with with a freshly created one and narrow down a specific setting, we should be able to release a hotfix promptly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.