NucleoF767ZI Cannot upload or debug Arduino sketch

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB NucleoF767ZI Cannot upload or debug Arduino sketch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    indridkold
    Participant

I’m testing a fresh install of VisualGDB on VS2019 and cannot upload to my Nucleo-F767ZI card. I create the project with the settings shown in Attachement_1. I can successfully test the ST-Link v2.1 connection, results shown in Attachment 2. The program compiles and I attempt to upload the sketch. The upload fails and a popup appears, popup shown in Attachment 3. It seems vGDB is attempting a mass storage upload to NODE_F207ZG. The mass storage name of the connected card is NODE_F767ZI, as shown in Attachement 4.  If I drag the .bin file to the F767 it copies but does not run so it may not actually be built correctly. Any assistance appreciated, IK

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like some issue with the drivers or Arduino tools. Please try checking if you can program the board using Arduino IDE. If yes, we can help you achieve the same results with VisualGDB. If not, please try posting on Arduino forums.

indridkold
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. The sketch does compile and upload using Arduino, the output is attached. I’ve set the upload to use the STMCubeProgrammer(SWD). I would prefer to use that for vGDB also. An image of the Arduino settings is also attached. IK

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry, it looks like the file did not get uploaded properly. Would you mind compressing it and trying again?

Also please double-check that you have selected the same upload method via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Project Settings (please attach a screenshot if you are not sure).

indridkold
    Participant

Great, working now. I opened the VisualGDB project properties (which I had not found before) and the settings were incorrect. An image is attached. Once I set ‘Board part number’ to Nucleo F767ZI and the upload method to STM32CubeProgrammer everything uploaded fine and I was able to start a debug session. The board part number is not set during project creation and I didn’t realize I had to set it in Project Properties. All good now. Thanks for your help, IK

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

No worries and good to know it works. The advanced target-specific settings indeed only appear once the project has been created (and VisualGDB got a chance to query them from the Arduino tools).

If you encounter further issues, feel free to start another thread and we will be happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.